This Jack Daniels sauce is a sweet bbq sauce with the warm flavor of Tennessee whiskey.
You’d be surprised at how delicious a little whiskey can make your favorite bbq sauce taste! Try this sauce on chicken, pork, or beef.
Jack Daniels Sauce
There are a lot of copycat recipes out there for TGI Friday’s Jack Daniel sauce. Apparently, this is an irresistible sauce that everyone is dying to make at home.
We’ve actually never had this sauce before so we won’t claim that ours is a copycat version. We have no idea what it should taste like.
But we looked at all the recipes online and decided to make a spinoff version using our easy homemade bbq sauce as a base.
And we’ll just say that our version is quite good and super easy.
The sauce will also last a bit longer because there are no fresh ingredients in it. This means you can make it and store it for quite some time in the refrigerator.
So grab your beef/pork ribs or chicken and get to cookin’.
Jack Daniels Sauce Ingredients:
To make this Jack Daniels sauce recipe, you will need:
- Ketchup: The base of the sauce.
- Pineapple juice: Adds sweetness and flavor.
- Jack Daniels Whiskey: Because it’s called Jack Daniels sauce.
- Molasses: Use
unsulferedbecause it’s lighter in flavor.
- Soy sauce: We added just a dash for saltiness.
- Spices: Onion powder, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper add flavor and heat to the sauce.
How to Make Jack Daniels Sauce:
To make this tasty Jack Daniels sauce, simply…
- Combine the ingredients. Place them all into a saucepan and stir well.
- Cook. Bring the sauce to a boil then reduce the heat and let it simmer for 40-50 minutes; until it thickens.
- Use it right away or refrigerate it for later. Serve it with chicken, pork, beef, and more!
Jack Daniels Sauce Variations:
There are quite a few ways you can doctor up this Jack Daniels sauce recipe.
- Add more cayenne pepper: If you want the sauce to be spicier, add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon more.
- Add sugar: You may decide that you’d like the sauce to be sweeter. Stir in a couple tablespoons of granulated sugar until it’s as sweet as you like.
- Add liquid smoke: This will give the sauce a flame-grilled taste. Be careful though, a little goes a long way!
How to Store Jack Daniels Sauce:
Refrigerate – Allow the sauce to cool for about 1 hour then transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.
Freeze – Allow the sauce to cool for about 2 hours then transfer it to a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
If you enjoyed this sauce and want to try more like it, these are great:
Jack Daniels Sauce
Makes about 1 1/2 cups.
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 40-50 minutes, until thickened.
Make ahead tip
- Refrigerate – Allow the sauce to cool for about 1 hour then transfer it to an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.
- Freeze – Allow the sauce to cool for about 2 hours then transfer it to a freezer-safe container and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.